Come join us for our first ever Health and Wellness Day at CFTC! It’ll be an action packed morning filled with local vendors, an amazing and energizing yoga class taught by Dan Nevins, & nutritional and health lectures!
We’ll be kicking off our Health and Wellness Day with a 10 am Power Yoga class taught by Staff Sergeant Dan Nevins. Dan Nevins is an inspiring guy with an incredible story! Dan lost both of his legs as a result of an IED detonating under the vehicle of which he was a passenger in Iraq in 2004, and underwent dozens of surgeries and spent 18 months recovering at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in DC.
In May 2008, he was awarded the George C. Lang Award for Courage, the highest award bestowed by Wounded Warrior Project. Dan serves as Director of Warriors Speak, a prestigious group of wounded warriors and caregivers who share their stories of courage and integrity with the public. Dan’s passion for yoga started in November 2013 when a friend and yoga teacher invited him to join in. He quickly grew frustrated with attempting a yoga practice with his prosthetic legs and then decided to try the practice with his prosthetics off. That one adjustment in his practice opened new doors and his life changed simply by experiencing a connection to the earth that he’d been missing for close to a decade. Dan has completed Baptiste Level 3 yoga teacher training and feels so strongly about the life changing power of yoga for “every body” that he has devoted most of his personal time to teaching yoga, leading workshops, teacher trainings, and master classes at every opportunity.
Although Dan spends a great deal of time traveling all over to share his passion, he resides in Ponte Vedra Beach and we are honored to have him lead a class in our facilities!
Important Info about Yoga
- Who: Staff Sergeant Dan Nevins (ret.)
- What: 60 minutes of amazing Power Yoga
- When: August 29th at 10 am
- Where: CrossFit Total Control, 1074 10th Ave S, in Jacksonville Beach
- Why: To promote health, wellness, and yoga, and to showcase our local businesses and residents
- What to Bring: a towel, a yoga mat, and water. (yoga mat is not required, just make sure you bring a towel or two!)
- Cost: Cost is Free!
After yoga, we’ll be featuring many local vendors and businesses who can all help make a positive impact in our lives! We’ve invited several small businesses and individuals to come and share what they do with our community, and it’ll be a great opportunity to come and experience everything they have to offer! We’ll also have some great lectures taking place! Colorado-based wellness educator, Audra Robinson, will be teaching us how to address inflammation in the body through holistic remedies. She will be discussing how to incorporate real foods, eliminate toxins and use essential oils to support the body in healing from these issues. Also, our very own Dr Brian Anderson will be discussing PRP and injection therapy and how it can help you recover faster and improve your quality of life.
Featured Local Vendors will include the following:
- Kathy’s Table – Gluten Free, Dairy Free Meals, freshly prepared and delivered
- Brian Anderson – The Anderson Performance & Longevity Clinic, Prolotherapy
- Dr Zack Stalnaker – Popwell & Stalnaker Chiropractic, our local, in-house chiropractic care!
- Audra Robinson – Colorado-based Wellness Educator
- Laura Flynn – Homemade Probiotics and Water Kefir designed to improve your gut health while tasting great, too!
- Andrea Danti – Acupuncture & Massage Therapy
- Robeks – Fresh Juices & Smoothies, Sandwiches and Coffee Bar
- Lianne Gerberich – Plexus supplements designed to improve our lives
- Tyler Brunner – Local artist offering Portrait and Nature Photography
- Warriors Speak of Wounded Warrior Project – Raising awareness for the needs of this generation’s injured Service Members, their Families and Caregivers
- Cognito Farm – Grass-Fed Beef, Pastured Poultry & Eggs and Range Raised Pork
- Jax Sports Nutrition – Products for Enhancing Performance as well as Overall Health
- Tribal Treats – Gluten Free, Paleo, Raw, Vegetarian and mostly organic treats created with basic principles. Just pure, simple, healthy snacks
- Soap for Athletes by Trails Natural – all natural, earth-friendly soap products created with athletes in mind
Everyone is invited!!! Come practice yoga with us, get some snacks, and support local businesses while learning how to improve your life, health and well-being! We hope to see you there!